Saturday 24 March 2012

The Tree Man


The first stages: I create an outline of the image that will be painted, with a layer mask under the line layer to keep the colour within the inside of the image.




The next stage - Creating and effective background:
My idea of a background consists of something that expresses the character of what it is capable of but not so detailed that it stands out from the original image. I wanted to create a faded forest scenery but came across with this light and distance view that I thought could work well with the character.




Final stages: I mix different variations of brown/wood textures to give the character shape and added highlights to show the structure and form.




The finished piece!
I am fairly happy with the outcome although it kind of steered away from what how I wanted it to look, but I still learnt a few things from producing this painting such as light and positioning and the different effects of colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment