Thursday 5 March 2015

Anatomy Study - Torso

So after several attempts to create a Golem in Z-Brush, I kept finding I had problems with its anatomy. Even though its non-human it still needs to have certain human characteristics, and its main problems was with its torso (don't want to post a picture as it was very rough). I learnt that I could only produce the basics I.e. the chest and back, because of this I found that I need to look into the whole torso and how all the muscles join and work together.

That's what I did, I did some research and had a good read through a book I own titled "Atlas of Human Anatomy for the Artist" By Stephen Rogers Peck. Whilst using several images as reference I spent several hours in Z-Brush putting together the basic building blocks of its muscle groups. The book itself is an amazing guide to the whole human anatomy that I would suggest it to any artist. I then spent several more hours throughout a few days adding extra bits to give it more details and improve the general structure to the anatomy. The final parts to the piece where creating the flow of the muscle groups which helped me to learn how each muscle connects and works together to create motion. Underneath are the finished results as well as a 360 Render.
Thanks for reading! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment