Wednesday 17 October 2012

Fatties!



A screenshot of the basic shapes I started with I did a rough sketch just to mark out my idea, I then went over in a silhouette. I then went onto doing the greyscale which involved picking out the light and dark areas I found it difficult to make someone look fat; adding folds etc.



After the greyscale was done I focused onto the colour which I decided on using colours that are uncommon to see on the human body. I feel as if the light and the colour on the mouth piece here works really well.



A few more tweaks such as lowering the opacity of the colour as I thought it looked too vibrant to show light and shade. I also added a misty floor as if they lived in a dusty landscape with flying creatures in the background. 

The characters themselves were drawn upon an imagination from when I've seen people using folds in their body along with nipples as eyes to create a face. I would say this follows closely to that image. Realistically I think that the woman has more of a realistic human body form whereas the male looks a bit boxy. Although I prefer how the mouth looks on the male I believe the perspective is shown well and looks like a convincing mouth. These surrealistic characters could exist on another planet in which their mouths are on their stomach.


No comments:

Post a Comment